Nature of Service
THE EQUILIBRIUM is an online platform that delivers online Consultation services to individuals and organisations with experienced Consultants. These include, but are not restricted to, corporate wellness programmes through which employees of organisations avail various products and services. THE EQUILIBRIUM services include:
- Online and face-to-face consultation with expert Professionals (who have been authorised by THE EQUILIBRIUM to use the platform for delivering their services)
- Periodic assessments
- Workshops and/or webinars delivered by Trained Professionals
- Self-help tools, content and programmes through a range of channels including, but not restricted to websites, mobile applications and emails
- The services offered by THE EQUILIBRIUM are in compliance with our client anonymity and confidentiality policies.
THE EQUILIBRIUM reserves the right to add or remove products and services from its overall offerings without prior notification.
The aforementioned shall hereinafter be referred to as ‘Services’.
If you are considering or contemplating suicide or if you feel that you will cause harm to yourself or anyone else or feel that you are a danger to yourself or to others, you must seek the support or services of appropriate personnel or visit the nearest hospital or emergency room. The same applies in-case of any medical or psychological health emergency. THE EQUILIBRIUM does not deal with emergencies; medical, psychological or otherwise. THE EQUILIBRIUM is not responsible and/or liable for any medicine provided by any of its wellness consultants/expert/professional/therapist and the wellness consultants/expert/professional/therapist shall be solely responsible for such medical advice or treatment provided.
By choosing to visit and/or avail any service and/or product and/or resource from THE EQUILIBRIUM, the user/subscriber confirms that they are above 18 years of age and are not otherwise incompetent to contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and can legally take decisions of their own. The user also accepts and agrees to our Terms and Conditions (hereafter referred to as ‘User Agreement’) and those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlinks.
Please read the User Agreement carefully. The terms in the User Agreement are in effect upon your using or availing services, resources or any product from the platform. Accessing the service/platform on any medium, including but not limited to mobile phones, smartphones and tablets, is also subject to the terms of the User Agreement.
We reserve the right to add, modify or remove sections from the User Agreement at any point in time during the course of the agreement with no prior notice. The continuous use of THE EQUILIBRIUM website, platform, purchase of any service, resource or product, forms an obligatory legal agreement between the user and THE EQUILIBRIUM. Liability to review the User Agreement from time to time lies with the user/Company. Continuous use of the platform after revision of the User Agreement will be deemed to be an acceptance of the revised terms.
Applicability Of Terms
The general terms and conditions in the User Agreement are applicable to all present and future contracts established between the user (Individual/Company) and THE EQUILIBRIUM. This User Agreement applies to all users of the THE EQUILIBRIUM platform, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or contributors of content.
Termination of Agreement
At any point during the term of the User Agreement, the user shall be entitled to terminate the User Agreement provided all outstanding payments are settled, if applicable. Upon termination of the User Agreement, there may still be some information saved on our servers regarding the user. Should the user wish to remove this information, they will have to contact their organisation to request the same of THE EQUILIBRIUM, in case they are accessing THE EQUILIBRIUM offerings through a third-party or organisation. In case the user has registered on our platform directly, they can write to THE EQUILIBRIUM at firstname.lastname@example.org. THE EQUILIBRIUM promises to process all such requests within 3 working days, subject to necessary compliance with applicable laws.
Over the course of the term of the User Agreement, THE EQUILIBRIUM can choose to terminate the User Agreement without citing a reason. Any payment receivable by THE EQUILIBRIUM should be paid by the user in full within 30 days from the termination of the User Agreement. Any payment receivable by the user will be processed by THE EQUILIBRIUM as per our Refund Policy (refer the same for details).
- You are 18 years of age or older, not otherwise incompetent to contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and that your use of the platform shall not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- All registration information that you submit – either to us directly or through your organisation – is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information;
- Your use of the platform is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. Any use of this platform or its content other than for personal purposes is prohibited.
- Your personal and non-commercial use of this platform shall be subjected to the following restrictions:
- You shall not modify any content of the platform;
- You shall not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the content;
- You shall not delete or modify any content of the platform and / or services, including but not limited to, legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos, that you do not own or have express permission to modify;
- You shall not use the platform and / or services in any way that is unlawful, or harms the Company or any other person or entity, as determined in the Company’s sole discretion.
- You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the service, use of the service, or access to the service or any contents on the platform through which the service is provided, without express written permission by THE EQUILIBRIUM.
- You shall not post, submit, upload, distribute, or otherwise transmit or make available any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the platform and / or services or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity’s use of the platform and / or the services.
- You agree that you shall pay all applicable fees within a stipulated period of time. In case of late payment, THE EQUILIBRIUM reserves the right to levy a charge / interest on the outstanding amount.
- You take responsibility to check the technical specifications required before making a booking for a session or before availing any of the other digital offerings.
- The contents on the platform are for informational purposes only. THE EQUILIBRIUM disclaims all liability to any person for any loss or damage caused by dependence on any part of the platform. Third-party content appearing on the platform is the property of their respective owners and THE EQUILIBRIUM does not assert any rights in relation to the same. Such third-party content is used by THE EQUILIBRIUM subject to the fair use provisions of Indian copyright law i.e. The Copyright Act 1957 and applicable provisions in other jurisdictions. THE EQUILIBRIUM asserts its copyright ownership on the remaining contents of this document and on the contents of this website. No information, content or material from the platform and/or services may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without an express written permission from THE EQUILIBRIUM.
Payment and Refunds
By using the platform, you agree to pay all applicable fees and charges upfront to THE EQUILIBRIUM and also authorises us to automatically deduct all applicable charges and fees from the payments made as and when such features are accessed on our platform. Further, you agree to be responsible for any telephone charges and/ or internet service fees that may be incurred in accessing THE EQUILIBRIUM services.
For more information on payment methods, charges and fees, you shall refer to the Payment section on the platform. THE EQUILIBRIUM reserves the right to change any or all parts of Payment Policy without notice or liability to the user or any third-party.
All cancellations and refunds will be handled as per the Cancellation & Refund Policy of the Company. THE EQUILIBRIUM reserves the right to change any or all parts of the Cancellation & Refund Policy without notice or liability to the user or any third-party.
If you i.e the user has paid or subscribed for certain sessions/ consultations with THE EQUILIBRIUM’s wellness consultants on their website and for some reason cancel this subscription/ payment and do not want to continue using the services any further, please write an email to email@example.com stating your cancellation to the subscription/session/consultation /services. Once the email is confirmed and acknowledged by us we will refund you the amount within 15 working days. Cancelation and refund can be claimed 15 calendar days prior to your date of subscription/session/consultation/services.
Once your session is booked with our consultant, incase of any cancellations, it needs to be cancelled before 24 hours of the commencement of the session. In the event that you cancel the session within 24 hours of the beginning of your session with our consultant, you will still be charged for the session that you booked.
In the event that The Equilibrium cancels any scheduled session 24 hours prior to the session booked, the client will be able to reschedule the session thereafter with The Equilibrium, as per their convenience.
Limitation of Liability
THE EQUILIBRIUM does not guarantee that the user/ company will be accepted as a registered user by the Consultants/Professionals on our platform. THE EQUILIBRIUM reserves the right to terminate the users registration with our platform at any time without citing a reason.
THE EQUILIBRIUM is a technology enabler that connects the user/company and the Wellness Consultant. Further, the counselling is dependent on the information provided by the user /company to the Wellness Consultant and THE EQUILIBRIUM does not promise any outcomes based on the Wellness Consultant over any period of time. From the moment at which the appointment of the user /company is booked, THE EQUILIBRIUM acts solely as an intermediary/mediator between the user /Company and the counsellor/consultant, transmitting the details of your booking to the counsellor/consultant.
Counselling/consultation will take place at a frequency agreed between you the user/company and the Wellness Consultant. We cannot guarantee that sessions will always take place with a particular frequency or on the same day of the week but will make every effort to meet your requirements.
Over the course of your agreement, the Wellness Consultant might determine that online counselling/ consultation services are not appropriate for some or all of the users/company and accordingly may elect to not provide online counselling/consultation services to the user/company. Similarly, the Wellness Consultant shall be at the liberty to decide that additional help is needed for the user and shall choose to bring in an additional Wellness Consultant.
THE EQUILIBRIUM makes all efforts to verify the credentials of every Wellness Consultant registered with its platform. However, THE EQUILIBRIUM is not responsible for any misrepresentation/fraudulent credentials or claims by the Wellness Consultant. THE EQUILIBRIUM provides a profile for all Wellness Consultants where information regarding training, experience, specialities are provided to the user. It is the responsibility of the Wellness Consultant to ensure the accuracy and reliability of such information provided.
All Wellness Consultants have a contractual relationship with THE EQUILIBRIUM and are allowed to use our platform and technology to provide services to the user/company. THE EQUILIBRIUM does not assume any responsibility for their actions, advice or any other information provided through our platform or otherwise. THE EQUILIBRIUM shall not be held liable for any damage/ loss/ liability caused to the user by a Wellness Consultant. The user is responsible for all their decisions and agrees that they are made independent of any representations by THE EQUILIBRIUM or the Wellness Consultant. THE EQUILIBRIUM or the Wellness Consultant cannot be held responsible for such decisions or any outcomes as a result.
THE EQUILIBRIUM does not endorse or influence control over any particular branch of medicine, theory, opinion, viewpoint or position on any topic. No warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind are created or offered on information or advice or suggestion, whether expressed and/ or implied, in oral and/ or written via any communication medium, obtained by the user from THE EQUILIBRIUM or through any service and/ or resource and/ or information that THE EQUILIBRIUM provides, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
The material on the platform, including the blogs is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, accurate, more complete or timely sources of information. We are not responsible if information made available on this platform is not accurate, complete or current and any reliance on the material on this platform is at the users own risk.
This platform may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for the users/company’s reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this platform at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our platform. You- the user agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes on our platform. The content that the user downloads or otherwise obtains through the use of our services and/ or resources and/ or information is done at their own discretion and risk, and the user is solely responsible for any damage to their computer or other devices for any loss of data or information that may result from the download of such content.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate any portion of the platform or the services offered by the Company for any reason, without notice and without liability to the user or any third-party.
The Company does not warrant that the functions contained in content, information and materials on the platform and / or services, including, without limitation to any third-party sites or services linked to the platform and / or services will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that the defects will be rectified, or that the platform or the servers that make such content, information and materials available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
We will endeavour to make sure all information is delivered in an accurate and correct manner. However, any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the platform and / or services are accessed at the users own risk, and the user will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of data that results from such download to your computer system.
At THE EQUILIBRIUM, we have a policy and believe that it is unprofessional for our Wellness Consultants to have dual relationships with current or former clients. During and after our counselling/consultation work, you are forbidden to have any individual relationship of any other type with our consultants for a period of 3 years; this includes association on social and professional network websites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc. This will ensure that our professional relationship remains clear should you ever want to resume counselling or refer others to us.
You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold THE EQUILIBRIUM, it’s distributors, agents, representatives and other authorised users, and each of the foregoing entities’ respective resellers, distributors, service providers and suppliers, and all of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, and representatives, harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities and costs arising from your use of the platform.
Disclaimer on Warranties
You- the User/Company understand and agree that any interactions and associated issues with the Wellness Consultant on the platform, are strictly between you and the Wellness Consultant. You shall not hold The EQUILIBRIUM and/or the Wellness Consultant responsible for any such interactions and associated issues. THE EQUILIBRIUM and/or the Wellness Consultant is not responsible for any outcome between you- the User/ Company and the Wellness Consultant you interact with. If you decide to engage with a Wellness Consultant to provide wellness services/consultation/counselling to you, you do so at your own discretion and risk. The services and content, and all materials, information, products and services included therein, are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis without warranties of any kind.
THE EQUILIBRIUM, its licensors and affiliates expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express, implied, or statutory, relating to the services and content.
In addition, THE EQUILIBRIUM, its licensors and affiliates disclaim any warranties regarding security, accuracy, reliability, timeliness and performance of the services or that the services will be error-free or that any errors will be corrected. No advice or information provided to you by breakthrough will create any warranty that is not expressly stated in these Terms of Service.
We make no representations concerning, and do not guarantee, the accuracy of the services, including, but not limited to, any information provided through the services or their applicability to your individual circumstances.
We may provide you with access to third-party tools which we neither monitor nor have any controls or input over. Such tools may be in the form of, but not limited to, personal assessments, polls and their results etc. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the platform is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
Third-party links on this platform may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
Over the course of the period of the User Agreement, we might incorporate products/ services from third-party providers on our platform. By using such products/ services, it is understood that the user has read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions of the corresponding third-party provider. THE EQUILIBRIUM shall not be held liable for any risk/ damage/ liability arising from use of such third-party products, services goods, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
User Forums, Topics, Replies, Comments, Feedback and Other Submissions
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send or submit forum topics, replies, comments, creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
You agree to not seek other persons’ contact information through our platform.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
It is brought to the notice of the users that THE EQUILIBRIUM is an interactive service and a platform where mental wellness is discussed and other users are free to post their own comments on various content of the platform. If the platform publishes articles provided by various authors as well, the contents/viewpoints expressed in these comments/posts/articles etc. are the authors’. Such content does not indicate official position of THE EQUILIBRIUM, in any way, express or implied.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion as unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or in violation of any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
THE EQUILIBRIUM however guarantees that all communication between the user and THE EQUILIBRIUM and / or the Wellness Consultant within the ambit of service shall be kept confidential, subject to compliance with applicable laws.
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this User Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
This User Agreement and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this platform or in respect to the services constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
The obligations and liabilities of the parties agreed prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
This User Agreement is effective unless and until terminated by either the user/company or The Equilibrium. You may terminate this User Agreement at any time by notifying us – directly, or if you are accessing the platform as a corporate employee, then through your organisation/company – that you no longer wish to use THE EQUILIBRIUM’s services, or when you cease using our platform, subject to settlement of all outstanding payments.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of this User Agreement, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our services (or any part thereof).
Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions
Occasionally there may be information on our platform/website or in the service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to service descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers etc. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel sessions/consultations/counselling if any information in the service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted a request for your session/consultations/counselling.
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in this User Agreement, you are prohibited from using the platform or its content:
- For any unlawful purpose;
- To solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- To harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- To submit false or misleading information;
- To collect or track the personal information of others:
- For any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- To spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- To infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- To interfere with or circumvent the security features of the service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet.
- To violate any international, federal, provincial, central or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- To upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
The following provisions set out our entire liability :
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- The User/Company agrees to indemnify THE EQUILIBRIUM against any breach in confidentiality. If you access THE EQUILIBRIUM through a third-party platform, you agree that THE EQUILIBRIUM cannot be responsible for any data breaches that occur due to any acts of commission or omission from the third-party platform.
- The User/Company agrees that from time to time we may remove the service (or part thereof) for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
- We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- The User/Company expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The session/consultation/ counselling and all services delivered to you through the session/consultation/counselling are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, and/or in keeping with THE EQUILIBRIUM’s arrangement with your organisation, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
- In no case shall THE EQUILIBRIUM, our directors, officers, consultants, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the services procured using the services, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the services, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the services or any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service or platform or website, even if advised of their possibility. In all cases, our maximum liability shall be limited to the amount paid by the User/Company, if at all, for the service in dispute.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless THE EQUILIBRIUM and our subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, employees and interns, harmless against any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’/advocates fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of this User Agreement or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party. You agree to indemnify THE EQUILIBRIUM for any breach in confidentiality. If you access THE EQUILIBRIUM through a third-party platform, you indemnify THE EQUILIBRIUM against any data breaches that occur due to any acts of commission or omission from the third-party platform.
In the event that any provision of this User Agreement is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of service; such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions of this User Agreement.
To address the grievances of the users, THE EQUILIBRIUM has set up a Grievance Redressal Forum. In case you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our services, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We assure you a time bound solution not exceeding 30 days from the date of your complaint however, this period may be exceeded due to unforeseen/extenuating circumstances.
To address any complaints, queries or for any support related to THE EQUILIBRIUM or its services you may contact email@example.com . We will get back to you with a solution/answer within 30 days from the date of your complaint/query and this period may be exceeded due to unforeseen/extenuating circumstances.
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the (Indian) Arbitration and Conciliation Act,1996. The law governing any disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract shall be the Indian law and the Courts of Mumbai will have exclusive jurisdiction on the disputes arising out of this contract. The seat of the arbitration shall be Mumbai and the hearings will take place at the choice of THE EQUILIBRIUM .The Tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator to be appointed by THE EQUILIBRIUM. The language of the arbitration shall be English. *(For the purposes of this Agreement the word hereinafter referred to as “YOU” would mean “Any User” who may be an Individual/Company and any of its affiliates)